Here at Terminix UK, we take health and safety very seriously, and we strive to ensure that our staff, our customers, and the public are protected where possible.
COVID-19 is a type of the coronavirus group, common across the world. Typical symptoms of coronavirus include fever and a cough that may then progress to severe pneumonia (causing shortness of breath and breathing difficulties).
Generally, coronavirus can cause more severe symptoms in people with weakened immune systems, such as older people, and those with long-term conditions like diabetes, cancer and chronic lung disease.
The general NHS advice is as follows:
- Wash hands regularly
- Avoid contact with contaminated surfaces
- Sneeze into tissues and dispose of responsibly
- Avoid visiting live areas where you may encounter the virus
We are regularly issuing internal communications reiterating the importance of this advice, and have implemented a more thorough hand sanitisation procedure for staff attending customer sites.
We have recently updated our procedures and plans to ensure we are prepared to protect our staff, customers and the public.
Terminix has strengthened our Business Continuity Plan to ensure that we:
- Inform staff and customers
- Provide appropriate advice and training to our staff
- Issue and use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Provide travel advice to our staff
- Follow agreed steps should anyone be exposed or develop symptoms
Terminix is putting provisions in place to ensure that we continue to provide our usual customer focussed service whilst safeguarding our employees and the public where possible.
We Serve, We Care, We Deliver